Tuesday, April 5, 2011

feeling lonely as an artist ....

a facebook friend posted that she felt lonely as an artist, simply couldn't fit in with the world of art in her neighborhood....
Familiarity- we need something to relate, - we need to be familiar with some aspect of the artwork. Russian, Eastern European art (personally I think a lot of great art is coming from those regions),has different standards, expectations than art from the US or India. Different experiences, exposures and different teachings.


Artists are not all the same, and we don't all "think" and "do" art the same. ...BUT through the internet you can find those who are the same "type" of artist you are. Something that was harder just 10-15 years ago....now you can find literally thousands and thousands of artists that create the way you do...hmm, don't know if that is any better...
(High Brow, honestly they think my work is crap. I don't know why I care, but I do. Likewise I feel a lot of highbrow art is pretentious. I have my opinions and they have theirs...sorry)

No comments: