Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"Look at me, look at me, look at me now" - art and facebook

That quote comes from "The Cat in the hat". Some weeks ago I created an artist profile on facebook and have accepted, joined and liked many new art friends, art groups and art pages. I am more informed on art events, issues, artists and images than ever before. It's helping me grow and crystallize.
...but somewhere I am getting this strange image of millions/trillions/billions of art images bouncing around and screaming "look at me, look at me, NO look at ME now".
...a painter always paints the same painting...
When I look at images, I am always pulled in to the same type, same philosophy, same emotion, same yearning..regardless what the image is, or when it was created. I will always paint the same painting, different angles, different colors- shapes and sizes, but in essence the same painting.
...images screaming like bankers on wall-street...high, low -no ...

No comments: