Saturday, June 5, 2010

All is up- Life is a Gas, enjoy it while it lasts...

All art is up. I hung without bells and whistles, no mats or fancy frames. 11 at Angelina's and 4 at Freshy's. Bare- straight forward. It's all new to me, it seems. From 4 feet by 5 feet to 16x20 inches. What a change. I had ordered a piece larger, but I didn't do the cropping right and couldn't hang it. The canvas I ordered will not be here until Tuesday. I like it, but of course I do, they are mine. I saw some artists leave with large canvases, made me feel bad. ...as if size matters...? I can print mine out larger....but I don't have that kind of money right now. Will that make it better? Should they be bigger? Size actually doesn't matter... the art I make is the same as a 2 inch print as it is as a 20 foot print. My preference probably would be a 2feet by 3 feet canvas. Now roughly that would cost me ...
How many people can hang a 24x36 inch piece? Not if it also needs a frame, maybe a mat? Why do people buy art? ...do you want to be an art star or an artist? I don't need to be an art star, I just want to be. To be or not to be? Be what? Understood, belong...basic human needs

impressionist paintings

No comments: